Sorry!
Sorry for my lack of blogging these past couple of days - just haven't been feeling well and also for some reason my internet connection that I get wasn't working - but its all good now! Phew!
So this is what I was planning on blogging last night but couldn't get on the net...
Thursday Sept 29th 2005
'O Lord, I am calling to you. Please hurry! Listen when I cry to you for help! Accept my prayer as incense offered to you, and my upraised hands as an evening offering. Take control of what I say, O Lord, and keep my lips sealed. Don't let me lust for evil things; don't let me participate in acts of wickedness. Don't let me share in the delicacies of those who do evil.” Psalm 141:1-4
Tonight Jessie and I cuddled again on the couch - and I grabbed my bible and opend it up again to the Psalms - I'm reading through them again. As I was sitting there and petting Jessie and reading - out loud - (I have to read out loud or I get too distracted with all the other thoughts and stuff that goes on in my head...) I realized of how much the world has an effect on me. I mean - I strive so much to be so connected to people - and those people who I care for so much are part of the world - they aren't at all part of the body of believers. I pray hard that they would become a part. But I notice more and more these days that I lust after so much evil things of the world. And now my soul is crying out to God - Help me! I mean - help me not to do it. Just as David prayed “Listen when I cry to you for help!” How many times have we cried out to God for help? For me I think it hasn't been that often - it sure can be more often. And my heart breaks knowing that I have allowed the ways of the world to get in the way of my relationship with God. How many times does this have to happen to me before I realize how important it is to have a relationship - an on going one with my Father? and to not deny Him of my time - energy - and resources? I think its coming a bit more clear to me - the thing is - acting on it. Which can be a struggle for us all. I want to learn how to live the Christian life - NOT just strive to live it - but to actually fully live in total abandonment and bask in Gods presence every day. I miss those times of sitting in my living room or lying on the living room floor and just listening to some worship music and worshiping God - being able to pray aloud to Him - to share my hear with Him - to be able to hear what He is saying to me... I long to have that back.
Michelle
So this is what I was planning on blogging last night but couldn't get on the net...
Thursday Sept 29th 2005
'O Lord, I am calling to you. Please hurry! Listen when I cry to you for help! Accept my prayer as incense offered to you, and my upraised hands as an evening offering. Take control of what I say, O Lord, and keep my lips sealed. Don't let me lust for evil things; don't let me participate in acts of wickedness. Don't let me share in the delicacies of those who do evil.” Psalm 141:1-4
Tonight Jessie and I cuddled again on the couch - and I grabbed my bible and opend it up again to the Psalms - I'm reading through them again. As I was sitting there and petting Jessie and reading - out loud - (I have to read out loud or I get too distracted with all the other thoughts and stuff that goes on in my head...) I realized of how much the world has an effect on me. I mean - I strive so much to be so connected to people - and those people who I care for so much are part of the world - they aren't at all part of the body of believers. I pray hard that they would become a part. But I notice more and more these days that I lust after so much evil things of the world. And now my soul is crying out to God - Help me! I mean - help me not to do it. Just as David prayed “Listen when I cry to you for help!” How many times have we cried out to God for help? For me I think it hasn't been that often - it sure can be more often. And my heart breaks knowing that I have allowed the ways of the world to get in the way of my relationship with God. How many times does this have to happen to me before I realize how important it is to have a relationship - an on going one with my Father? and to not deny Him of my time - energy - and resources? I think its coming a bit more clear to me - the thing is - acting on it. Which can be a struggle for us all. I want to learn how to live the Christian life - NOT just strive to live it - but to actually fully live in total abandonment and bask in Gods presence every day. I miss those times of sitting in my living room or lying on the living room floor and just listening to some worship music and worshiping God - being able to pray aloud to Him - to share my hear with Him - to be able to hear what He is saying to me... I long to have that back.
Michelle
Comments