Yeshua Invites You...

So I went to the movies with some fellow co-workers today, we went to see the movie "perfect stranger" it wasn't too bad, but really not what i had expected either, i think i was expecting it to be a lot better then what it was... but I am going to the show wednesday night after work with my best friend tanya, we're going to see the reaping, which i hear is amazing!

anyways back to today - i was out for my walk/jog this afternoon, and as I was jogging past the local fire department these old woman stops me, i have my headphones in my ears, my ipod a blasting, she is talking but I can't hear her cause my music is too loud, so i say just a second... I take my ear buds out... then she starts talking to me. She shares with me that she is Jewish, and she then showed me this peice of paper and it says "Yeshua Invites You" in bold on it. She had asked me if i knew who Yeshua was, of course I know - its Jesus. I think sometimes I'm brilliant... but anyways - we were talking and she started to share things like how the actual real sabbath day is on Saturdays, not Sundays - and that the church has Jesus as an Idol... (?) I told her that I believe in God, I believe in Jesus, that I believe in the Holy Spirit, that three are one. She didn't deny me of my beliefs, the only thing that she didn't like was how I talked about being a soldier in The Salvation Army. She encouraged me to not go on Sundays for its an idol that we make it to be... and that we as Christians should be celebrating Jesus on Saturdays instead... I couldn't help but to giggle, which honestly - is more of an uncomfortable giggle, not sure what to say kinda giggle... and I got a bit nervous and I told this little old lady - that I don't just talk to Jesus on Sundays, or just worship Him on that day and am in fellowship that way. But really its a lifestyle that you live. She interuppted me and had asked me how I spent my saturdays, I told her working... I must say I have never had the worst look from someone for a long time like that. She shook her head and told me that I need not to work on the sabbath, because Saturday is the sabbath day...

Anyways - I looked up some info on the net, and here's what i found...


"But some claim that a mandate by Constantine in A.D. 321 "changed" the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. On what day did the early church meet for worship? Scripture never mentions any Sabbath (Saturday) gatherings by believers for fellowship or worship. However, there are clear passages that mention the first day of the week. For instance, Acts 20:7 states that "on the first day of the week the disciples came together to break bread." In 1 Corinthians 16:2 Paul urges the Corinthian believers "on the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper." Since Paul designates this offering as "service" in 2 Corinthians 9:12, this collection must have been linked with the Sunday worship service of the Christian assembly. Historically Sunday, not Saturday, was the normal meeting day for Christians in the church, and its practice dates back to the first century.

The Sabbath was given to Israel, not the church. The Sabbath is still Saturday, not Sunday, and has never been changed. But the Sabbath is part of the Old Testament Law, and Christians are free from the bondage of the Law (Galatians 4:1-26; Romans 6:14). Sabbath keeping is not required of the Christian—be it Saturday or Sunday. The first day of the week, Sunday, the Lord's Day (Revelation 1:10) celebrates the New Creation, with Christ as our resurrected Head. We are not obligated to follow the Mosaic Sabbath—resting, but are now free to follow the risen Christ—serving. The Apostle Paul said that each individual Christian should decide whether to observe a Sabbath rest, “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind” (Romans 14:5). We are to worship God every day, not just on Saturday or Sunday."

Interesting stuff... I think I learn more and more about God everyday... and more about how others view Him...

Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

My cat misses me!