Gods calling...
ok this is just going to be a quick post...
I had a dream last night... I don't know what it means. I have had it before. I have always had this desire in my heart to serve. Not too sure where exactly. Or what sort of "service" I'd be involved in, would be doing. But I had this dream of being in a city. Which was some place very unknown to me. Some place where I have never been or lived. And there were all these people there that I knew who were telling me to be obedient to the calling that God has placed on my life...
There was a time where I thought I knew in my heart that calling that God has placed on me... When I was living in Fort Frances Ontario, I had spoken to the corps officer there, Syliva about my hearts desires. How I just didn't want to be a Salvation Army Soldier, but I wanted to become and Officer one day. She told me... 'Michelle, you have lots of potential and I can see you becoming an officer, however - there are yet a lot of things you need to learn and be obedient in.'
My dream of being an officer had slowly started to diminish. But I'm just reminded of Stephen Courts article on raising the bar. If you aren't doing anything with your life... be an officer. If you don't have a career, be an officer. I'm not sure how many people would agree to this. But I know that there is nothing more that I would want in my life then to be in full time service for God. I'm very gifted in music, and with youth. I have the heart for it. as for teaching, leading, and preaching? its something that I am praying that God will help me in so that I can be obedient to Him in bringing His people to the foot of the cross... which then reminds me of Deana's sermon a few months back - "what would you do to bring someone to the foot of the cross?"
hhmmmm some stuff to pray about, and I'd so love it if you could pray for me on this stuff.
Well its late - I must be off to bed.
Bless you.
Michelle
I had a dream last night... I don't know what it means. I have had it before. I have always had this desire in my heart to serve. Not too sure where exactly. Or what sort of "service" I'd be involved in, would be doing. But I had this dream of being in a city. Which was some place very unknown to me. Some place where I have never been or lived. And there were all these people there that I knew who were telling me to be obedient to the calling that God has placed on my life...
There was a time where I thought I knew in my heart that calling that God has placed on me... When I was living in Fort Frances Ontario, I had spoken to the corps officer there, Syliva about my hearts desires. How I just didn't want to be a Salvation Army Soldier, but I wanted to become and Officer one day. She told me... 'Michelle, you have lots of potential and I can see you becoming an officer, however - there are yet a lot of things you need to learn and be obedient in.'
My dream of being an officer had slowly started to diminish. But I'm just reminded of Stephen Courts article on raising the bar. If you aren't doing anything with your life... be an officer. If you don't have a career, be an officer. I'm not sure how many people would agree to this. But I know that there is nothing more that I would want in my life then to be in full time service for God. I'm very gifted in music, and with youth. I have the heart for it. as for teaching, leading, and preaching? its something that I am praying that God will help me in so that I can be obedient to Him in bringing His people to the foot of the cross... which then reminds me of Deana's sermon a few months back - "what would you do to bring someone to the foot of the cross?"
hhmmmm some stuff to pray about, and I'd so love it if you could pray for me on this stuff.
Well its late - I must be off to bed.
Bless you.
Michelle
Comments