late blog...
Was going to blog this the other night - but had internet problems... So had to post this tonight!!!
Its 1:37am - I am not in bed yet. Its been a pretty long day. My moms 50th bday was today... both my sisters - thier husbands, my neices and nephews came to town and suprised her. We went to the loon for dinner. And by the way - I am NEVER going to eat at the loon ever again. For a couple of reasons....
1. Their "dinner" menu isn't that great - not a whole lot to choose from (but just got word that if you chose their lunch menu - they have heaps of stuff? they should give you an option if you want the dinner or the lunch!)
2. its EXPENSIVE! For a piece of chicken with a little bit of seafood stuffed in to it - plus a little bit of rice, was $17.00 - not filling at all. I could have had 2 pieces of chicken, and heaps more rice. AND also - on top of it being expensive... my rice wasn't even cooked all the way through. Each bite that I had was crunchy. Not yummy at all. Felt sick as I ate it. Infact, I couldn't even finish my meal. It was disgusting. BUT I don't say anything to anyone about it - except make it known to my family that I am not at all impressed of having to spend so much money on a meal that wasn't satisifying. I would have rather went to Dennys spent $12 on a meal (including a pop) and feel totally satisified! I would have rather eat mcdonalds and feel full rather then spending the $17 at the loon, and not feeling full - and not having my food fully cooked. At least I'd know that where ever else I was going - it'd be much better then that. And taste better, may not look fancy and stuff - but the taste, thats what its all about to me, not how it looks on my plate.
So going for dinner made me in a bad mood. Wasn't happy about that at all. Sorry that i had to vent on that. I know it was my moms birthday and all. Which it was fun seeing my sisters, and hanging out - but not for the price that I had to spend on it all. Wasn't too impressed. But I guess money isn't everything? BUT to me it is... being single, living on my own, have bills to pay, and really dont make too much money. I can't afford to spend a whole lot like that on a dinner. esp. since all the stuff I had already mentioned. Yes, I am still not impressed with it. And I probably won't be for quite some time. I will move on though...
Well way before this dinner thing happend. I was actually kind of feeling a bit bummed out. Not too sure why though. I mean, I woke up this morning - my body literally jolted out of bed at 11:30am (I went to bed VERY late - well actually REALLY early in the morning, the new people upstairs were playing music till the wee hours of the morning and it kept me up.) so anyways as I jolted out of bed - the first words that come flying out of my mouth... "oh crap, I'm gonna be late for work" I scramble around the house, getting all my stuff together for work - call my mom see if I could get a ride, cause if I walked I would have forsure been late. I hop in the shower - quickly get dressed, throw my hair up brush my teeth, run out side cause my mom is now waiting for me... head to work... maybe this is why I had such an off day? I HATE sleeping in and having to rush to work.
I really do enjoy sleeping in - cause usually I do stay up prety late at night. But I also like to at least be up for a good 2 hours or so before I have to head to work because then that gives me time to do my devotions, have a cup of tea, and just sit and relax before I have to even start to think about getting ready for work. Well today was nothing like that at all. it was just all rushed - one thing after another.
Also - hahaha - funny thing that happend at work today though. I was putting away some pizza dough. And I went and crouched down, and all of a sudden I hear this "rrriiiiiippppppppppp" yup, my pants ripped. right down one side of my inner thigh. Wasn't impressed with that. At first - it wasn't so bad, it totally wasn't noticeable. BUT the more that I moved around and the more I did things - the more the rip got bigger and bigger. Finally - things started to quiet down at work so I was able to change my pants. It was funny. I was so embarrassed. At least though - no one could see my undies! hahahaaaa...
Ok I am tired - over tired now. So i must go to bed. Will post again when I'm not so tired - and not feeling so bummed out. and who knows - maybe I'll even post up the next part to my autobiography???
Bless You,
Michelle
Its 1:37am - I am not in bed yet. Its been a pretty long day. My moms 50th bday was today... both my sisters - thier husbands, my neices and nephews came to town and suprised her. We went to the loon for dinner. And by the way - I am NEVER going to eat at the loon ever again. For a couple of reasons....
1. Their "dinner" menu isn't that great - not a whole lot to choose from (but just got word that if you chose their lunch menu - they have heaps of stuff? they should give you an option if you want the dinner or the lunch!)
2. its EXPENSIVE! For a piece of chicken with a little bit of seafood stuffed in to it - plus a little bit of rice, was $17.00 - not filling at all. I could have had 2 pieces of chicken, and heaps more rice. AND also - on top of it being expensive... my rice wasn't even cooked all the way through. Each bite that I had was crunchy. Not yummy at all. Felt sick as I ate it. Infact, I couldn't even finish my meal. It was disgusting. BUT I don't say anything to anyone about it - except make it known to my family that I am not at all impressed of having to spend so much money on a meal that wasn't satisifying. I would have rather went to Dennys spent $12 on a meal (including a pop) and feel totally satisified! I would have rather eat mcdonalds and feel full rather then spending the $17 at the loon, and not feeling full - and not having my food fully cooked. At least I'd know that where ever else I was going - it'd be much better then that. And taste better, may not look fancy and stuff - but the taste, thats what its all about to me, not how it looks on my plate.
So going for dinner made me in a bad mood. Wasn't happy about that at all. Sorry that i had to vent on that. I know it was my moms birthday and all. Which it was fun seeing my sisters, and hanging out - but not for the price that I had to spend on it all. Wasn't too impressed. But I guess money isn't everything? BUT to me it is... being single, living on my own, have bills to pay, and really dont make too much money. I can't afford to spend a whole lot like that on a dinner. esp. since all the stuff I had already mentioned. Yes, I am still not impressed with it. And I probably won't be for quite some time. I will move on though...
Well way before this dinner thing happend. I was actually kind of feeling a bit bummed out. Not too sure why though. I mean, I woke up this morning - my body literally jolted out of bed at 11:30am (I went to bed VERY late - well actually REALLY early in the morning, the new people upstairs were playing music till the wee hours of the morning and it kept me up.) so anyways as I jolted out of bed - the first words that come flying out of my mouth... "oh crap, I'm gonna be late for work" I scramble around the house, getting all my stuff together for work - call my mom see if I could get a ride, cause if I walked I would have forsure been late. I hop in the shower - quickly get dressed, throw my hair up brush my teeth, run out side cause my mom is now waiting for me... head to work... maybe this is why I had such an off day? I HATE sleeping in and having to rush to work.
I really do enjoy sleeping in - cause usually I do stay up prety late at night. But I also like to at least be up for a good 2 hours or so before I have to head to work because then that gives me time to do my devotions, have a cup of tea, and just sit and relax before I have to even start to think about getting ready for work. Well today was nothing like that at all. it was just all rushed - one thing after another.
Also - hahaha - funny thing that happend at work today though. I was putting away some pizza dough. And I went and crouched down, and all of a sudden I hear this "rrriiiiiippppppppppp" yup, my pants ripped. right down one side of my inner thigh. Wasn't impressed with that. At first - it wasn't so bad, it totally wasn't noticeable. BUT the more that I moved around and the more I did things - the more the rip got bigger and bigger. Finally - things started to quiet down at work so I was able to change my pants. It was funny. I was so embarrassed. At least though - no one could see my undies! hahahaaaa...
Ok I am tired - over tired now. So i must go to bed. Will post again when I'm not so tired - and not feeling so bummed out. and who knows - maybe I'll even post up the next part to my autobiography???
Bless You,
Michelle
Comments
d
besides the food - the company was actually great. It was awesome to see my sisters again as i haven't seen them in a really long time. so yeah over all - now that I look back on it - it was a good time.
:) btw. when are you blogging next?
M.