Love, Lust, Unyoked...

I really felt encouraged to write this, and this is souly for my friend... and to whom ever out there reads this, and finds them in this same situation...

Love, Lust, do not be yoked with an unbeliever...

God's word says this: 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 (NIV)

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"


Honestly, when I know that scripture says something, but my heart feels a bit different then what Gods word says - I pray, hard, and I really do try to get others to pray for me and with me. So that I can get some clearity and understanding of what my heart feels towards the person that I am attracted to.

I mean, love isn't as simple as one thinks (I don't believe it is anyways) the thing is, we can fall so easily in to lust, rather then having that true genuine love for the person of the opposite sex... and if you feel that it is love, not lust pray about it. Pray hard... I try to do the very same thing.

Another thing is, from my experience of dating guys that are unbeleivers, I really see this as a bad thing to do. These are only my thoughts and experiences though - and where I was at in relationship with God at that point in my life... I was dating this guy, who said he was a believer, never acted on it though - but the thing was, I always thought that he would change, BUT in all honesty, I was just so self absorbed and so in love of the fact that I was going to get married, FINALLY, and was going to start to have a family of my own, a dream that I have always had since I was a little girl. However, dating this guy, brought me to a point in my life that I never want to be in ever again. I was so distracted about the fantisy of being married and having a family, rather then really focusing on God, I was MISSING out on the BIG plans that God had for my life. At first it is so innocent, but can lead to something bigger then that. For me, at that point I just wanted to be in a relationship with him - I was following my heart, really then rather following the heart of God - and what He desires of me.

And now, to this day, I don't want to settle for second best... I want to settle for the best, And I know that God has that man planned out for me somewhere down the road, its just timing and being paitent and really waiting, trusting and leaning on God. Which sometimes isn't easy, but God never says that things will ever be easy...

I just would really love to encourage you, and whoever this speaks to, to really surround yourself with some really amazingly awesome prayer warriors, and pray, and seek God on how your heart feels - and most of all follow Gods heart. He has BIG plans for your life!

Blessings,
Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

Funny...