chattin' and stuff

It was funny - tonight I got a bit bored so I had decided to see if I can find some christian chat rooms to check out - so I went to google and tried to google christain chat rooms - I found some. However I have realized that there are a lot of people in Christian Chat rooms who just like to start up arguements, are actually in there not to "Chat" but are in to the whole cyber sex stuff. I don't understand why or how someone could be like this and do this stuff. Its so immoral!

I was chatting with this guy - I wasn't sharing any personal information about myself but we were totally talking about the bible then he had asked me why I like to chat - I told him - "I actually hardly ever come in to chat. But got a bit bored tonight so thought I would come in and check it out again" I had asked him why he likes chat... you want to know his answer??? "I like to seduce like minded females" Yikes! I had quickly logged off of that chat and couldn't at all believe what this person was wanting from me. I am sure to not go in to chatrooms for a long time! maybe not ever.

There was a point in my life - about a year ago actually - where I would spend a great deal of time on the internet - chatting in chat rooms - getting mad at people who sit there and argue on religion. There were some pretty great debates that I'd have with people - it actually became more of an addiction. I couldn't go a day without chatting - a day without checking my email - a day without posting on forums. a day with out the internet was like me losing the most important thing in my life. I did at one point give my corps officer my laptop - because my need to go on the internet got so bad... then after getting my laptop back I had even downloaded a great accountability program called "covenant eyes" its an amazingly awesome program and is really great for accountability - its keeps track of every single website that you go to. And then once a week it gets emailed to your accountability partner - and to yourself. After doing this I realized how much time I had spent on the internet - LOTS of time...

But now - yes I do go on the internet - but its not a big deal if I miss a day without checking my email - or checking out the blogs that I regulary read. but the whole chatting thing... yup I can do without!!!

Anyways - enough of my rambling on and on - I do however have some more things that I would love to blog about in the up coming days...

blessings.
Michelle

Comments

Andrew said…
Hey Michelle!

It's great to read about what the Lord is doing in your life at the moment. May he continue to bless you (I know he will) as you live your life for him.

Blood & Fire!
Andrew

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

Funny...