Memories...

Tonight I was craving some good Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream... and usually when I crave some its usually after a the type of day where I just want to veg out and do absolutely nothing... so I went and got some...

As I was eating it it reminded me of the times when I was in Winnipeg living at WCBC for a month or so with my best friend Heather and we would get ice cream and sit and veg out watch some girly flicks and enjoy one anothers company. We had some really great times like this - not just in Winnipeg but also way before that when we were still living in Fort Frances Ontario. When I seen the ice cream in the frozen food section - I just giggled to myself and was reminded of my friend heather and the great memories that I have of this icecream and the comfort that it had brought me in times of when I was feelin' a bit "Weltschmerz" as Rick would say and had posted on the 614 network blog. Well tonight I was feeling a bit Weltschmerz and wanted ice cream. But the funny thing is - after eating a couple bites of it I realized that this wasn't the comfort or the type of vegging out that I needed. I just really need to spend some time in Gods word, pray, and gain that kind of comfort from Him, and not the ice cream...

I'm again reminded tonight of Gods love, and comfort... He gives it to us so freely... and I accept it - even though the ice cream was temporary comfort... Gods comfort is forever!

Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

My cat misses me!