Jesus Walks...

Well today was a long day - I was pretty much tired all day today and wasn't feeling to great tonight but while I was at work I got to think about a lot of things...

And as I was thinking about "things" this song came on that I have downloaded on my MP3 Player... its called Jesus Walks by Kayne West. He swares in the song a few times but a part of the song really stuck out to me... here's what it says:

------------------------------------------------------------------

God show me the way because the Devil tryna break me down

Jesus Walk with me

The only thing that I pray is that my feet don't fail me now

Jesus Walk

And I don't think theres nothin I can do now ta right my wrongs

Jesus Walk with me

I wanna talk to God but I'm afraid cause we ain't spoke-n so long

------------------------------------------------------------------

As I listend to this song I had totally stopped what I was doing at work and I took my MP3 player out of my pocket and put it back to the beginning of the song and had listend to the song again. After listening to it again I thought of the last lyric of the chorus "I wanna talk to God but I'm afraid cause we ain't spoke-n so long" I was like wow - cause it has been a couple of days that I have cracked open my bible and read it and even prayed and had a conversation with God - I have been so busy with work and so consumed by other peoples problems that I have allowed myself to not have this time with Him...

So I came home from work and cracked open my bible... I had left off earlier in the week reading James- which is one of my fave books in the bible right now - and as I read everything that we written really hit my heart hard...

"...And yet the reason you don't have what you want is that you don't ask God for it. And even when you do ask, you don't get it becfause your whole motive is wrong - you want only what will give you pleasure. You adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with this world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again, that if your aim is to enjoy this world, you can't be a friend of God. What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the Holy Spirit, whom God hasplaced within us, jealousy longs for us to be faithful? He gives us more and more strength to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say, "God sets himself against the proud, but he shows favor to the humble." So humble yourselves before God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, you hypocrites. Let there be tears for the wrong thigns yuo have done. Let there be sorow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom insteda of joy. When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependance on him, he will lift you up and give you honor."

I then flipped over to the book of Romans - which is another fave book of mine...

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will accept. When you thin of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is." (Romans 12:1-2)

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

Wow - what more can you really say to that?

I'll close this with a Psalm which is my prayer for tonight...

"Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my shameful deeds - they haunt me day and night. Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgement against me is just. For I was born a sinner - yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. But you desire honesty from the heart, so you can teach me to be wise in my inmost being. Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me - now let me rejoice. Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me again the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Then I will teach your ways to sinners, and they will return to you. Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves; then I will joyfully sing of your forgiveness. Unseal my lips, O Lord, that I may praise you. You would not be pleased with sacrifices, or I would bring them. If I brought you a burnt offering, you would not accept it.The sacrifice you want is a broken spirit. A broken and repentant heart, O God, you will not despise. Look with favor on Zion and help her; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Then you will be pleased with worthy sacrifices and with our whole burnt offerings; and bulls will again be sacrificed on your alter."

Thats my hearts prayer...
Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

Funny...