Just Like David...

I was reading some of the Psalms this morning - and got in to a really good discussion with a good friend of mine about the Psalms and how much I can relate to King David.

David was a man who was totally after his own heart - rather then being a man after Gods heart. He however - at the same time wrote out these powerful prayers to God - pouring out his heart to Him, not being afriad to share what he was feeling... he didn't hold back - he was an honest man. He shared every feeling that he had felt - and I know sometimes I can be like that too - I can go grab one of my journals from my desk and then just pour out my heart to God on paper. But like David - I am a person after my own heart. I want that to change. I want to be a person after Gods heart - this comes to choices... and this is the choice that I am making - not tomorrow - not the next day or the day after that but right now.

Jesus - May you come in - take control - empower me - break me Lord - mold me - make me more like You Jesus - make me a person that you desire me to be. Lord I ask that You'd take away any sin in my life that may be causing you any grief. Lord like your word says "be still and know I am God" - Lord let me be still - and let me know that you are God... I ask these things in Jesus' name I pray - Amen.

Blessings - G'night
Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

Funny...