Big Prayer... Big Change... Jesus is Lord!
Its funny how God works... I can give you so many testimonies of how God has worked in my life. I can tell you how I gave my heart to the Lord, which isn't very exciting... (it is, but its really kind of boring.) But I will share a time with you were God really worked in my life, and really freed me from a whole pile of stuff...
About 2 years ago, I had called my corps officer to see if I could get my d-link internet box back, I had been fasting from it for 3 months already and I felt that it was time to stop the fast and get it back. So after church one Sunday Dee and I were suppose to meet up. So she came up to me and said that she was ready to get together with me and talk. As we sat in her office we talked about some stuff that has been going on in my life and to be honest to this day I never did end up asking her for my internet back that day because things just felt so heavy and the meeting turned out to be the total opposite of what I had ever imagined it would be! But before this meeting that we had, Dee preached and during her sermon she read this scripture: Romans 10...
"Dear brothers and sisters, the longing of my heart and my prayer to God is that the Jewish people might be saved. I know what enthusiasm they have for God, but it is misdirected zeal. For they don't understand God's way of making people right with Himself. Instead they are clinging to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law, They don't go along with God's way. For Christ has accomplished the whole purpose of the law. All who believe in Him are made right with God." The neat thing about this scripture is that - she had shared that during our time together she didn't know why she read the scripture verse that morning as it didn't really go with the sermon that she had preached. Now she understands why she read it... it was for me. We sat in her office for the longest time and chatted about finances, we chatted about how I totally lost my temper and pounded on a friend of mine, we prayed for a very long time... she wanted me to confess “Jesus is Lord of my life.” However I couldn’t mutter it out of my mouth... I cried lots. It got to a point where Dee called her husband for prayer coverage, because there was huge spiritual battle going on. So then after a long while of Dee praying out loud, the phone rang, it was her husband Rick she told him that there was still spiritual battle going on… She came back and prayed again… we prayed more. I was fighting in this battle, my heart was very heavy. My mind was spinning. I couldn’t do anything but cry, I couldn’t even mutter a word… and after it feeling like sitting there and crying for eternity, I remember Dee saying “Here’s your brothers and sisters in Christ.” They all surrounded me… A group of people from the Church came and prayed for me... For a great deal of time Deana was on my right hand side. She was there laying hands on me before the others came. Praying for me. Hard… The others came. They all laid hands on me… Prayed for me. I remember as I was praying and trying to say something to muster up a word of courage I was hitting my head. I was scared, nervous, so overwhelmed with everything that was going on… I remember Dee tried to grab my hand and she said “You don’t have to hit yourself.” ... “Don’t hit yourself…” I tired not to, for some reason I was though. It felt like I wasn't in my body - that something else was there, I was so terrified! And during the prayer time, Rick said some stuff, scripture then he told me to confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord… I muttered it. “Je… Jes…. Je… Jesus…. Is Lord.” And I just get saying it over and over and over and over again. Several times I remember Dee trying to grab my hand… same with my friend Meekers. Because I kept hitting my head. It wasn't just that, but my legs were shaking like crazy too... I felt so sick...
After a long while of this battle going on Dee asked me: "Do you believe that Jesus is Lord or are you just saying it for me?" I told her: "I really do believe" After the 2 and a half hours of praying and battling, everyone came and gave me a hug, I was so exhausted. My eyes were heavy, my throat was sore, my body felt numb. I felt very very very weak... We then all gathered in a circle and joined hands, and we prayed.
God really moved in my life that day, He set me free from the bondage that was in my life. He is so amazing and great. I love Him so much. And I am never going to let go of Him.
---Sept 1, 2004---
Lord Jesus I ask that You'd help me to be able to understand your word as I read it. Not only that but I ask that You'd help me to remember what I've read so that I can have your word written in my heart. I also ask that You'd help me to be honest as I do my check-ins each day with my mentor. God often I'm not sure what to say, or not sure what even specific areas where I need prayer, or areas that I'm not feeling strong in. Everything right now still seems like a blur. God I ask that Yuo'd grant my mentor wisdom and understanding to help me out. I ask God that she'd also have patience with me as well. I know she has heaps, but just grant her an extra amount of it. I ask Father that You'd renew my mind. May my thoughts be worthy of you, may they glorify you. If there is anything that is in my mind that is not of you, I ask Jesus that You'd please take it away. Lord help fill my mind with scripture verses, things that would encourage me and lift me up rather then things that would bring me down. Lord I don't know nor do I undertsand why I still feel the way that I feel. Feelings of sadness, of not knowing what i'm doing, nor how to get there. God I'm tired of trying to figure things out on my own. I don't want to do it anymore. Lord help me not to. And I know Jesus this is where my trust and faith has to come in more. I thank-You Jesus for an answer to prayer for my finances. God help me to be able to use the money that I'll be getting wisely and not to be foolish with it. God I want to ask for an extra amount of protection for when I get my internet back. God I ask that You'd help me to push away any temptations tha I may have to do the things that I once use to do on the net, like hacking - seeing how far I could go and get in to something that I shouldn't. God protect me from any schemes of the evil one. Lord I thank You that You are all sufficiant. That You are the Lord of my life. Thank You God for bringing me through this week. I seriously couldn't have done it with out You. I also want to thank You for those from the church who came in and prayed with my mentor and I today... for sticking by me on Sunday. Please bless them for that God. One thing I do really remember most of all is how I kept saying "Jesus is Lord of my life" God I ask that You'd help me to keep beliving that with all my heart. That JESUS IS LORD OF MY LIFE! Another thing, that time wasn't what I had expected it to be. It turned out to be the total opposite of what I had imagined it to be in my mind. I didn't expect to get into a deep conversation, nor did I expect such prayer and things to happen. God thank You for that time that took place. I thank You God that You were in total control of that meeting. I thank You God for convicting my heart. For using my mentor to speak truth in to my life. Lord please let me never forget the things that You have spoken to me. God help me to remember them so that I can continue to learn right from wrong. Lord may i live a life that is pleasing to you. Please continue to teach me how to do this. God I also ask that You'd help me to stay focused, to stay committed to things. To stay consistant in my walk with you. May it be a daily thing... God may I come to you and share my thoughts and concerns. God may You grow me up more into the perfect image of Your Son Jesus. God I ask that You'd help me live a VICTORIOUS life. God help me to walk in FREEDOM! I ask all these things in Jesus name... Amen
--Parting thoughts for today -> October 17th 2006--
Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus for the work that You did in my life, and for the continued work that You are STILL doing in my life. I give You all the praise, glory and honor for this!
great grace!
Michelle
About 2 years ago, I had called my corps officer to see if I could get my d-link internet box back, I had been fasting from it for 3 months already and I felt that it was time to stop the fast and get it back. So after church one Sunday Dee and I were suppose to meet up. So she came up to me and said that she was ready to get together with me and talk. As we sat in her office we talked about some stuff that has been going on in my life and to be honest to this day I never did end up asking her for my internet back that day because things just felt so heavy and the meeting turned out to be the total opposite of what I had ever imagined it would be! But before this meeting that we had, Dee preached and during her sermon she read this scripture: Romans 10...
"Dear brothers and sisters, the longing of my heart and my prayer to God is that the Jewish people might be saved. I know what enthusiasm they have for God, but it is misdirected zeal. For they don't understand God's way of making people right with Himself. Instead they are clinging to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law, They don't go along with God's way. For Christ has accomplished the whole purpose of the law. All who believe in Him are made right with God." The neat thing about this scripture is that - she had shared that during our time together she didn't know why she read the scripture verse that morning as it didn't really go with the sermon that she had preached. Now she understands why she read it... it was for me. We sat in her office for the longest time and chatted about finances, we chatted about how I totally lost my temper and pounded on a friend of mine, we prayed for a very long time... she wanted me to confess “Jesus is Lord of my life.” However I couldn’t mutter it out of my mouth... I cried lots. It got to a point where Dee called her husband for prayer coverage, because there was huge spiritual battle going on. So then after a long while of Dee praying out loud, the phone rang, it was her husband Rick she told him that there was still spiritual battle going on… She came back and prayed again… we prayed more. I was fighting in this battle, my heart was very heavy. My mind was spinning. I couldn’t do anything but cry, I couldn’t even mutter a word… and after it feeling like sitting there and crying for eternity, I remember Dee saying “Here’s your brothers and sisters in Christ.” They all surrounded me… A group of people from the Church came and prayed for me... For a great deal of time Deana was on my right hand side. She was there laying hands on me before the others came. Praying for me. Hard… The others came. They all laid hands on me… Prayed for me. I remember as I was praying and trying to say something to muster up a word of courage I was hitting my head. I was scared, nervous, so overwhelmed with everything that was going on… I remember Dee tried to grab my hand and she said “You don’t have to hit yourself.” ... “Don’t hit yourself…” I tired not to, for some reason I was though. It felt like I wasn't in my body - that something else was there, I was so terrified! And during the prayer time, Rick said some stuff, scripture then he told me to confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord… I muttered it. “Je… Jes…. Je… Jesus…. Is Lord.” And I just get saying it over and over and over and over again. Several times I remember Dee trying to grab my hand… same with my friend Meekers. Because I kept hitting my head. It wasn't just that, but my legs were shaking like crazy too... I felt so sick...
After a long while of this battle going on Dee asked me: "Do you believe that Jesus is Lord or are you just saying it for me?" I told her: "I really do believe" After the 2 and a half hours of praying and battling, everyone came and gave me a hug, I was so exhausted. My eyes were heavy, my throat was sore, my body felt numb. I felt very very very weak... We then all gathered in a circle and joined hands, and we prayed.
God really moved in my life that day, He set me free from the bondage that was in my life. He is so amazing and great. I love Him so much. And I am never going to let go of Him.
---Sept 1, 2004---
Lord Jesus I ask that You'd help me to be able to understand your word as I read it. Not only that but I ask that You'd help me to remember what I've read so that I can have your word written in my heart. I also ask that You'd help me to be honest as I do my check-ins each day with my mentor. God often I'm not sure what to say, or not sure what even specific areas where I need prayer, or areas that I'm not feeling strong in. Everything right now still seems like a blur. God I ask that Yuo'd grant my mentor wisdom and understanding to help me out. I ask God that she'd also have patience with me as well. I know she has heaps, but just grant her an extra amount of it. I ask Father that You'd renew my mind. May my thoughts be worthy of you, may they glorify you. If there is anything that is in my mind that is not of you, I ask Jesus that You'd please take it away. Lord help fill my mind with scripture verses, things that would encourage me and lift me up rather then things that would bring me down. Lord I don't know nor do I undertsand why I still feel the way that I feel. Feelings of sadness, of not knowing what i'm doing, nor how to get there. God I'm tired of trying to figure things out on my own. I don't want to do it anymore. Lord help me not to. And I know Jesus this is where my trust and faith has to come in more. I thank-You Jesus for an answer to prayer for my finances. God help me to be able to use the money that I'll be getting wisely and not to be foolish with it. God I want to ask for an extra amount of protection for when I get my internet back. God I ask that You'd help me to push away any temptations tha I may have to do the things that I once use to do on the net, like hacking - seeing how far I could go and get in to something that I shouldn't. God protect me from any schemes of the evil one. Lord I thank You that You are all sufficiant. That You are the Lord of my life. Thank You God for bringing me through this week. I seriously couldn't have done it with out You. I also want to thank You for those from the church who came in and prayed with my mentor and I today... for sticking by me on Sunday. Please bless them for that God. One thing I do really remember most of all is how I kept saying "Jesus is Lord of my life" God I ask that You'd help me to keep beliving that with all my heart. That JESUS IS LORD OF MY LIFE! Another thing, that time wasn't what I had expected it to be. It turned out to be the total opposite of what I had imagined it to be in my mind. I didn't expect to get into a deep conversation, nor did I expect such prayer and things to happen. God thank You for that time that took place. I thank You God that You were in total control of that meeting. I thank You God for convicting my heart. For using my mentor to speak truth in to my life. Lord please let me never forget the things that You have spoken to me. God help me to remember them so that I can continue to learn right from wrong. Lord may i live a life that is pleasing to you. Please continue to teach me how to do this. God I also ask that You'd help me to stay focused, to stay committed to things. To stay consistant in my walk with you. May it be a daily thing... God may I come to you and share my thoughts and concerns. God may You grow me up more into the perfect image of Your Son Jesus. God I ask that You'd help me live a VICTORIOUS life. God help me to walk in FREEDOM! I ask all these things in Jesus name... Amen
--Parting thoughts for today -> October 17th 2006--
Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus for the work that You did in my life, and for the continued work that You are STILL doing in my life. I give You all the praise, glory and honor for this!
great grace!
Michelle
Comments