The Call... Have I missed it?
May 2002 - Email to my friend, and their response back...
Michelle: "The other day when I was cleaning my room I found a booklet on Officership... my heart totally started to race and I l ong to be an officer... However, I'm not sure if I am called to be one... and I have been praying and asking God to confirm this in my heart... its been on my mind constantly.... I can't stop thinking about it... living my life for God in full time ministry... I need come clear direction in this area..."
Friend: "When I read this my heart leaped within me. I though to myself "Could it be that michelle is finally beginning to see that God has called her to serve Him entirely through Officership??!!" Yup, because I have always believed that you had such a special calling on your life. Remember the paper Stephen wrote, "Default Call," you should read and re-read that paper, because his outlook on the calling to officership is very sound and Biblical. If you have not been specifically called to anything else, you are called to Officership. If this desire is constanly on your heart and mind, you are called to Officership. If you could not think of yourself doing anything else with your life than serving God in The Salvation Army, you are called to OFficership. If you want to surredner everythin you have to God and layy it all down for His sake, you are called to Officership. If you have said, "Yup" to everything I have snoted here, YOU ARE CALLED TO OFFICERSHIP!!!! "
Michelle: "...There is nothing else I would really rather do with my life. Infact, the desire to be an officer deep down in my heart is so big that if I can not be an Officer life, honestly, hardly seems worthwhile!"
Friend: "Do you have anything else in mind that you would like to do with your life? Do you have any other ideas of what God may want you to do to serve Him? Do you doubt that God would want to have all that you are? Is there anything in your life that would completely stop you from becoming an Officer? Are you convicted that He has called you to serve Him in The Salvation Army? If you have said, "nope" to everything I have noted here, YOU ARE CALLED TO OFFICERSHIP!"
Today October 30th 2006 - four years later after this was sent back and forth... prayed about... talked about... my dream, and passion that I had in my heart for Officership slowly has disappeared... However, could the calling still be there? Or have I missed it? And/Or does God have bigger plans for my life?
Grace,
Michelle
Michelle: "The other day when I was cleaning my room I found a booklet on Officership... my heart totally started to race and I l ong to be an officer... However, I'm not sure if I am called to be one... and I have been praying and asking God to confirm this in my heart... its been on my mind constantly.... I can't stop thinking about it... living my life for God in full time ministry... I need come clear direction in this area..."
Friend: "When I read this my heart leaped within me. I though to myself "Could it be that michelle is finally beginning to see that God has called her to serve Him entirely through Officership??!!" Yup, because I have always believed that you had such a special calling on your life. Remember the paper Stephen wrote, "Default Call," you should read and re-read that paper, because his outlook on the calling to officership is very sound and Biblical. If you have not been specifically called to anything else, you are called to Officership. If this desire is constanly on your heart and mind, you are called to Officership. If you could not think of yourself doing anything else with your life than serving God in The Salvation Army, you are called to OFficership. If you want to surredner everythin you have to God and layy it all down for His sake, you are called to Officership. If you have said, "Yup" to everything I have snoted here, YOU ARE CALLED TO OFFICERSHIP!!!! "
Michelle: "...There is nothing else I would really rather do with my life. Infact, the desire to be an officer deep down in my heart is so big that if I can not be an Officer life, honestly, hardly seems worthwhile!"
Friend: "Do you have anything else in mind that you would like to do with your life? Do you have any other ideas of what God may want you to do to serve Him? Do you doubt that God would want to have all that you are? Is there anything in your life that would completely stop you from becoming an Officer? Are you convicted that He has called you to serve Him in The Salvation Army? If you have said, "nope" to everything I have noted here, YOU ARE CALLED TO OFFICERSHIP!"
Today October 30th 2006 - four years later after this was sent back and forth... prayed about... talked about... my dream, and passion that I had in my heart for Officership slowly has disappeared... However, could the calling still be there? Or have I missed it? And/Or does God have bigger plans for my life?
Grace,
Michelle
Comments
It might just be that this is not the right time for you.
God can do ANYTHING... and thats what I'm clinging on to these days... fear not... don't worry... Gods got a plan... what that plan is? I don't really have a clue at this moment in time... BUT I know that in time - He will reveal it to me. And thats a joy to know!
Thanks you rock!
Michelle :)