save yourself - or not?

So I was having this conversation with this guy that I know. We were talking about sex before marriage, and I was sharing with him what I believe, and what my personal convictions are.

He's a fellow Christian - a brother in Christ... So when we were talking about this I thought that maybe we would have the same beliefs on this subject. However, I was quite wrong - our conversation actually ended up in a debate.

He said: "well michelle, you gotta have sex before marriage - what happens if you marry the person who you like, but then - the sex is just horrible, and you don't find that out until after you are married."

I laughed - which honestly I think bothered him... but I said... "So, you marry the person just because the sex is good? or do you marry the person because you are in love with them and want to spend the rest of your life with them?" He said "well michelle, its not just about that - the sex, its got to be good..." I reply again to Him "dude, getting married isn't just about the sex... its more then that - its the deep deep love that you have for the one that you are married to. Sure sex is an intimate thing between the both of you - but if there is something wrong - you work it out, you make it so you both are satisified, and thats what love is about... getting married is just not about the sex."

He didn't like what I had to say - he was just so absorbed on the sex... wants to have sex... sex sex sex...

Man - it bugs me when people are all over having sex before marriage... I get talks about this all the time - people ask me - "michelle, being single - you must be lonely, you want me to hook you up with my boyfriends buddy - he's hot and I hear he's so good in bed!" My reply "yah, i'm not interested... and its just something that I don't want to do, and really believe in... you know - the whole sex before marriage stuff."

On another note...

I went to church yesterday - it was great... and what I loved most about it was being down in the crowed - dancing, clapping my hands, singing as loud as I could (of course without hurting peoples ears around me...) and just being able to stand there - eyes closed, and sing my heart out to God - and listen. It felt like a time of refreshement. I loved it...

Well I work tomorrow morning - I always look forward to tuesdays because I get to work along side with my boss. we work together from 11-5pm before anyone else gets on shift. This time is special to me - for a couple of reasons, we really get to talk about deep personal things... we talk about God - we share from our hearts with one another. We talk, we laugh - and to be honest, its a really great time for me to be able to share God with her... I know this time just doesn't bless me - but also blesses her and I am blessed to have this time to just be. You know - myself, be all that God wants me to be. to share his love with her. I look forward to tuesdays... its always an awesome amazing day.

I must be off - got to throw in my work clothes and read for a bit then call it a night... morning comes too early...

bloggin' again soon...

Grace,
Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

Funny...