Christmas is just around the corner!
I don't know about you - but for me it really feels that Christmas is just around the corner. Its coming up pretty fast. Work is crazy as ever, we are busy with our own busy lives, but its almost Christmas, and soon - if you haven't started already, there is shopping to be done, gifts to be wrapped, and the crazy chaois of the stores. Line ups that are out the door, people getting in peoples faces, people getting angry with one another because they may have took the last toy that was on the shelf.
I remember while I was growing up (i'm not trying to make myself sound old) but back in the day, I remember my parents having the biggest christmas tree up, and all 5 of us kids helped decorate it, topped off with my fave thing to do - putting the thread through the pop corn... or did it mostly go in my mouth? anyways - back then, my parents couldn't afford a whole lot. And the gifts that we got were few, but the meaning behind the gifts, that meant the world to me. The thought that my grandmother would put in to sewing me a blanket, or a sweater, or a pair of stockings... I loved it!
But now a days, christmas isn't about that anymore - its not about the simple gifts, its not about remembering Jesus' birth. Its all about out beating the gifts that we bought people last year to get them the bestest gifts this year.
I don't want to fall in to that. I want this christmas to be a simple christmas remembering that Jesus came to this world that day, and that christmas is really all about him. I pray that as christmas fastly approaches, that we will take the time to slow down and really remember deep in our hearts the true meaning of what Christmas is... is it the gifts? or is it Jesus?
Blessings,
Michelle
I remember while I was growing up (i'm not trying to make myself sound old) but back in the day, I remember my parents having the biggest christmas tree up, and all 5 of us kids helped decorate it, topped off with my fave thing to do - putting the thread through the pop corn... or did it mostly go in my mouth? anyways - back then, my parents couldn't afford a whole lot. And the gifts that we got were few, but the meaning behind the gifts, that meant the world to me. The thought that my grandmother would put in to sewing me a blanket, or a sweater, or a pair of stockings... I loved it!
But now a days, christmas isn't about that anymore - its not about the simple gifts, its not about remembering Jesus' birth. Its all about out beating the gifts that we bought people last year to get them the bestest gifts this year.
I don't want to fall in to that. I want this christmas to be a simple christmas remembering that Jesus came to this world that day, and that christmas is really all about him. I pray that as christmas fastly approaches, that we will take the time to slow down and really remember deep in our hearts the true meaning of what Christmas is... is it the gifts? or is it Jesus?
Blessings,
Michelle
Comments