You're Welcome!

Before I get on with my devotional...

I have a load of things to do today - first of all, I'm going down to the corps to help get some laptops fixed... not too sure as of yet what is wrong with them, but am going to be working on them for a bit this morning... Which if you know me - I'm a bit of a computer geek, so I will forsure enjoy this time. I also work today - yesterday was a joyous time at work, lots of sharing, and lots and lots of laughter - I think though, the laughter was more at my own expense... hahahaa its all good though. I still have to pack for this up coming weekend, I leave to PG at 2:30am Sat morning, and come back at 8:30pm Monday night... I really need to find the time to do this... seems like its coming up faster then I had expected... But soooooooooooo looking forward to this time away to visit friends and most of all family! I haven't had a weekend away - like a weekend that i have planned myself for a really long time... so I'm antisipating this to be a relaxing and fun weekend. I need it!

Ok - on to my devotional... then off to the corps, and work I go...



Day 2 of 21 Devotional...

"...from the warm hearted God of the universe who wants us to know that in Christ we are welcomed into His heart and home with open arms..."

Dear Heavenly Father, so often I view You as disapproving, impatient, or irritated with me. At times, it is hard for me to understand Your grace, for this is not a gracious world in which I live. Please open my eyes to unconditional love and acceptance. I come to you as Your child. Help me to comprehend the kind of Father You are. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD:

"...the bible tells us that God is indeed gracious or full of grace...." "...therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you, and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you (Isa. 30:18)

"The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. He will not always strive with us; nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities (Ps. 103:8-10).

THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU:

Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whome also we have obtained our introduction by faith into His grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God (Rom. 5:1,2)

"...He accepts us, includes us and receives us as His children whether we were good, bad or ugly. He accepts us before we sin; He accepts us while we sin: He accepts us after we sin..."

"...Now obviously, God does not delight in our sin. In fact, He hates it. But the reality of our sin does not negate the truth of God's continuous, unconditional acceptance of us in Christ. It is all by grace, amazing grace. Believe it today!..."

THE TRUTH ABOUT FREEDOM:

"...Personal defeat and shame were defeated at the cross and in HIs resurrection..." (hallelujah!!!!)

"...but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in The Spirit of God..."

remember - God's view of you is spelled A-C-C-E-P-T, not E-X-C-E-T-T. Child of God, throw off the chains of guilt and shame today. In God's presense, you're welcome!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Dear Heavenly Father,
I prais eYou for the riches of Your grace that You have lavished on me in CHrist Jesus. Your grace is glorious. I sit here and marvel at the turth that I am completely accepted and adopted into Your family. I am sorry for believing the slanderous accusations of the enemy that You are harsh and cruel or that I am guilty and shameful. I do believe Your Word; help me in my unbelief. Cause the truth to filter down into the very depth of my soul, so that I can live in the glory of Your grace. In Jesus' gravious name I pray. Amen.

DAILY READING - Ephesians 2

DAILY JOURNAL:

God I thank You that you accept me for the way that I am. That there is nothing about me that y ou hate, besides when I end up sinning. Thank You God for being the Lord of my life, thank You for being so gracious and compassionate towards me.

- God I ask that You'd continue to teach me more about grace, more about compassion, and most of all being slow to get angry and to be so rich in love.

- God please continue to help me focuse my eye's on You. I ask God that nothing would distract me from doing this. I ask God that You'd contimue leading the way for me. I refuse to let satan have any foothold in my life. God I rebuke any thoughts of discouragement t hats in my mind in Jesus' name. Replace those thoughts with comforting words and scripture. I ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

My cat misses me!