A FREEDOM PLEDGE!
In the name and authority of the Lord Jesus Christ, and by His empowering Holy Spirit, I hereby commit myself to walking in freedom. I choose this 8th day of November in the year of our Lord 2006 to do whatever it takes to walk with God in the light. As an expression of that commitment, I here and now resolve to undertake and complete this guide during the next 21 days. I trust in God's grace to enable me to do so.
I recongnize that making and keeping this commitment in no way changes God's unconditional acceptance of me in Christ. This is simply a choise I am making of my own free will in order to take responsibility for my spiritual health and growth.
May the Lord alone be glorified through the completion of this guide and the resulting changes in my life. Signed in the presence of my loving, heavingly Father,
Michelle-Lynn Lavoie
--------------------- DAY ONE --------------------------
THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD: "...Jesus called Himself "the bread of life" (John 6:35) who came "that they might have life, and might have it abundently" (John 10:10) Peter referred to Him as "the Prince of life" (Acts 3:15) In his first letter John described Jesus as "the Word of Life" (1 John 1:1) "....He indeed is "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6)Where Jesus is, there is life; where JEsus is not, there is no life. It is as simple as that because Jesus is life itself!
THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU: "....But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved) (Eph 2:4,5)
THE TRUTH ABOUT FREEDOM: "....And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He wou has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:11-13)"....Christians there ought to be no fear of death, for we have eternal life! Don't believe tormenting thoughts of condemnation and hell. "There is therefor now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. (Rom 8:1,2) "...Jesus came to set us free!..."
PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Dear Heavenly Father,
I thank You that You are the author of life and that Your Son is life. I thank You that I have eternal life in Him, and that I shall never perish, and that no one can snatch me out of His hand or Your hand (see John 10:27-30). I choose today to renounce the fear of death and instead rejoice inthe new life I have in Christ. I can never thank You enough for what Your Son, the Lord Jesus, went through to purchase my life with HIs shed blood. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
-----DAILY SCRIPTURE READING - Ephesians 1-------
Daily Journal (Personal reflections on what God has been saying to me)
God has been teaching me about not being so materialistic, about living the "simple" life. kNot to be so self focused to put my full faith and trust into him and not just know that He is Lord but to really continue to believe that He is Lord of my life in my heart.
- God give me spritual wisdom, and understanding so I may grow in my knowledge of You.
- God I pray that my heart would be flooded by light so that I can understand the wodnerful future you have promised me.
Grace,
Michelle
I recongnize that making and keeping this commitment in no way changes God's unconditional acceptance of me in Christ. This is simply a choise I am making of my own free will in order to take responsibility for my spiritual health and growth.
May the Lord alone be glorified through the completion of this guide and the resulting changes in my life. Signed in the presence of my loving, heavingly Father,
Michelle-Lynn Lavoie
--------------------- DAY ONE --------------------------
THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD: "...Jesus called Himself "the bread of life" (John 6:35) who came "that they might have life, and might have it abundently" (John 10:10) Peter referred to Him as "the Prince of life" (Acts 3:15) In his first letter John described Jesus as "the Word of Life" (1 John 1:1) "....He indeed is "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6)Where Jesus is, there is life; where JEsus is not, there is no life. It is as simple as that because Jesus is life itself!
THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU: "....But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved) (Eph 2:4,5)
THE TRUTH ABOUT FREEDOM: "....And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He wou has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:11-13)"....Christians there ought to be no fear of death, for we have eternal life! Don't believe tormenting thoughts of condemnation and hell. "There is therefor now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. (Rom 8:1,2) "...Jesus came to set us free!..."
PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Dear Heavenly Father,
I thank You that You are the author of life and that Your Son is life. I thank You that I have eternal life in Him, and that I shall never perish, and that no one can snatch me out of His hand or Your hand (see John 10:27-30). I choose today to renounce the fear of death and instead rejoice inthe new life I have in Christ. I can never thank You enough for what Your Son, the Lord Jesus, went through to purchase my life with HIs shed blood. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
-----DAILY SCRIPTURE READING - Ephesians 1-------
Daily Journal (Personal reflections on what God has been saying to me)
God has been teaching me about not being so materialistic, about living the "simple" life. kNot to be so self focused to put my full faith and trust into him and not just know that He is Lord but to really continue to believe that He is Lord of my life in my heart.
- God give me spritual wisdom, and understanding so I may grow in my knowledge of You.
- God I pray that my heart would be flooded by light so that I can understand the wodnerful future you have promised me.
Grace,
Michelle
Comments