Heart Stirring...

Tonight while I was at band practice I felt my heart stirring... I felt some emotions inside of me that I don't know or understand why I was feeling them... I left band practice feeling as if I was in a battle... like my spirit was heavy and fighting against something.

I don't like feeling that way - like being in a battle... its like this one time, where I was with my old mentor, we were talking about some stuff that i had to share with her about someone that i knew - something that they shared with me, that really had this huge effect on me, and when we were sitting there and praying she said that she could feel the heaviness in my heart like I was in a battle... I don't like these times... its tiring...

Speaking of battle...

I was listening to this song that was given to me from a good friend of mine years ago, she told me to listen to it over and over, cause it reminded her of me... it was neat because at one time it was given to her, then she passed it along to me... here's the lyrics to the song... and the neat part of it is when I was listening to it last night and the night before last - it reminded me of a name that God called me on Sunday - Warrior... neat... read the lyrics... its powerful! and its truly me...

The Warrior is a Child - Words and music by Twila Paris

Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing, strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me, I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
Deep inside this armour - the warrior is a child.

Unafraid because His armour is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest.
People say that I'm amazing - never face retreat
But they don't see the enemies that lay me at His feet.

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and look up for a smile
'Cause deep inside this armour...

Deep inside this armour...
Deep inside this armour...
The warrior is a child.


Fight the good fight!

Ephesians 6:10-19 (New Living Translation)

The Whole Armor of God

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike.

Grace,
Michelle

Comments

Anonymous said…
As soon as I read this, God placed this scripture on my heart and I'm not sure why - I hope you do.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

I will be covering you in prayer tonight.

Blessings.

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

Funny...