Got thinking tonight...
I just woke up...
And am wanting to share... what are some important days in your life? like those very important moments that you remember, and will always cherish?
For me... there are is one day that meant the world to me. Can you guess what what that day was? Was it spending my 26th birthday with my closest friends? or was it the day that I got my first laptop? or how about the very first moment that I got to hold my kitten in my hands?
Ok - those are all really crazy "little" things, and don't mean anything compared to what i want to share with you... the most important day of my life was when I gave my heart to God... and the second most important day of my life was when I had signed a covenant to be a Salvation Army Soldier... I don't have any pictures of the first day that I gave my heart to the Lord, but I imagine that I had tears coming down my cheeks but yet at the same time had a smile on my face - feeling that void in my heart being filled up. Not by the temporary things in life, like drugs, sex, alcohol - but actually being totally filled up by Gods love for me.

This was one of my enrollment pictures I stood in that picture holding my covenant so proudly. I was fulfilling the call that God had placed on my life. You see - since the summer of 2001 when I was living in Fort Frances Ontario - I had desired to be a Salvation Army Soldier, actually it was even before then, it was just after I gave my heart to God I had the desire to be one. Not just because I got to wear this cool spiffy uniform, but because it was the life that I felt that God wanted me to live. Sure - don't get me wrong, I have had my trials, but every trail that I faced - I came out of it - I fell, brushed myself off and pushed on towards God even more. And to be honest I realize this so much more from a recent conversation that I had with a very dear friend of mine.
The more that I hear this stuff - the more I thank God for the work that He has done in my life. I really do give Him all the praise, honor and glory for bringing me where I am today. You know - If I didn't have God in my life right now... I often do wonder where I would be, what I would be doing - would I be married? would I have many kids but living in a house raising them by myself? or would i be happily married? I don't know where I would be... and to be honest, I don't want to think about where I could be right now without God in my life...
Just think... God has my heart - He's a huge part of my life... He is my life. I can't go a day without talking to Him. I can't live my life without Him. If I did... I'd be dead... spiritually dead. I am so thankful that I am alive in Christ!
One last encouraging thing that I would like to share - that was a part of my enrollment day... I was given a glass frame - with a scripture verse inside of it... and it says this:
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned from me, or seen in me - put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Phillipians 4:8-9 (This has a special meaning to me... not just because of my enrollment - but because God has always placed this on my heart, and it was always spoken through someone to me... Thank you Jesus!)
Blessings, love & grace,
Michelle
And am wanting to share... what are some important days in your life? like those very important moments that you remember, and will always cherish?
For me... there are is one day that meant the world to me. Can you guess what what that day was? Was it spending my 26th birthday with my closest friends? or was it the day that I got my first laptop? or how about the very first moment that I got to hold my kitten in my hands?
Ok - those are all really crazy "little" things, and don't mean anything compared to what i want to share with you... the most important day of my life was when I gave my heart to God... and the second most important day of my life was when I had signed a covenant to be a Salvation Army Soldier... I don't have any pictures of the first day that I gave my heart to the Lord, but I imagine that I had tears coming down my cheeks but yet at the same time had a smile on my face - feeling that void in my heart being filled up. Not by the temporary things in life, like drugs, sex, alcohol - but actually being totally filled up by Gods love for me.

Sunday February 27th 2005
This was one of my enrollment pictures I stood in that picture holding my covenant so proudly. I was fulfilling the call that God had placed on my life. You see - since the summer of 2001 when I was living in Fort Frances Ontario - I had desired to be a Salvation Army Soldier, actually it was even before then, it was just after I gave my heart to God I had the desire to be one. Not just because I got to wear this cool spiffy uniform, but because it was the life that I felt that God wanted me to live. Sure - don't get me wrong, I have had my trials, but every trail that I faced - I came out of it - I fell, brushed myself off and pushed on towards God even more. And to be honest I realize this so much more from a recent conversation that I had with a very dear friend of mine.
The more that I hear this stuff - the more I thank God for the work that He has done in my life. I really do give Him all the praise, honor and glory for bringing me where I am today. You know - If I didn't have God in my life right now... I often do wonder where I would be, what I would be doing - would I be married? would I have many kids but living in a house raising them by myself? or would i be happily married? I don't know where I would be... and to be honest, I don't want to think about where I could be right now without God in my life...
Just think... God has my heart - He's a huge part of my life... He is my life. I can't go a day without talking to Him. I can't live my life without Him. If I did... I'd be dead... spiritually dead. I am so thankful that I am alive in Christ!
One last encouraging thing that I would like to share - that was a part of my enrollment day... I was given a glass frame - with a scripture verse inside of it... and it says this:
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned from me, or seen in me - put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Phillipians 4:8-9 (This has a special meaning to me... not just because of my enrollment - but because God has always placed this on my heart, and it was always spoken through someone to me... Thank you Jesus!)
Blessings, love & grace,
Michelle
Comments