things...

So I am inspired to write more tonight... but its on a different note then you all probably expect it to be.

Lets talk about relationships. What does God bless and doesn't?

A couple of months ago I was engaged. Engaged to this guy who I thought forsure who I would be spending the rest of my life with. However, the more I think about it now. The more I know that our relationship wasn't honoring to God. When you are dating someone - engaged to someone - married to someone, there has to be some sort of attraction to them.

It could be their looks, the way they dress, it could be there personality, it could be how holy and devoted to God they are... it could be everything that I have already mentioned. But once we are in that relationship with that guy (or girl) who we love or want to be with for the rest of our lives... what does God bless in that relationship?

Does he bless the fact that you are honoring one another by saving your fleshly desires for marriage? Which is - the way that he would really want things to be. So we slip a kiss here, we slip a hug there. But when does it get to be "too much" and not honoring to God?

Itimacy... big word I know... but the more that I thought about intimacy - the more concerned that I have become of those around me... friends, family... people in the church.

I found this on the web... and as I read it I knew for a fact that as God has been speaking to me on living a life of holiness and to be a godly woman - that this wasn't just meant for me. but meant for you... my friend... my sister... the church... the community...

Question: "What does the Bible say about sex before marriage / premarital sex?

Answer: Along with all other kinds of sexual immorality, sex before marriage / premarital sex is repeatedly condemned in Scripture (Acts 15:20; Romans 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13,18; 7:2; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes abstinence before marriage. Sex before marriage is just as wrong as adultery and other forms of sexual immorality, because they all involve having sex with someone you are not married to. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations that God approves of (Hebrews 13:4).

Sex before marriage has become so common for many reasons. Far too often we focus on the “recreation” aspect of sex without recognizing the “re-creation” aspect. Yes, sex is pleasurable. God designed it that way. He wants men and women to enjoy sexual activity (within the confines of marriage). However, the primary purpose of sex is not pleasure, but rather reproduction. God does not outlaw sex before marriage to rob us of pleasure, but to protect us from unwanted pregnancies and children born to parents who do not want them or are not prepared for them. Imagine how much better our world would be if God’s pattern for sex was followed: fewer sexually transmitted diseases, fewer un-wed mothers, fewer unwanted pregnancies, fewer abortions, etc. Abstinence is God’s only policy when it comes to sex before marriage. Abstinence saves lives, protects babies, gives sexual relations the proper value, and most importantly honors God.


So there you go... did God speak to you... share His heart with you? I know that there are people in this world who struggle with sex before marriage, infact - there are many friends that i have (who aren't believers) who really struggle with this. And infact - a friend of mine struggled with the fact that she had to have an abortion because she can't afford to have a child. This is sad. Very sad. If only she knew Jesus and if He only lived in her heart that maybe - maybe - a childs life would have been saved... its just not my friend who had an abortion... there are people all over the world who do this...

If we just honored our bodies... if we just lived a holy, pure, and blameless life before Christ. A life that would bring honor and glory to Him... living outside of Gods will must eat away at people, I know that when I live outside of His will, it keeps me awake at night... it eats away at me. But I know that God is forgiving, He died for you. He died for me. He died for the world. So what are you willing to do to live a life of holiness? Save yourself for marriage? Stop lying? Stop stealing? Stop partying? - give yourself to Him fully... He'll honor that. He'll bless you greatly for it...

Be Encouraged.
Michelle

Comments

Christine said…
Hey Michelle!

Awesome topic! Something that has been on my mind lately, striving to make God happy. Striving for holiness. VERY difficult and it's a lifelong process.

Great blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

My cat misses me!