what do you do...

What sort of things do you do when you are feeling a bit down in the dumps?

Do you go grab your blanket - wrap yourself in it - sit on the couch and veg in front of the tv? Or how bout buying your favorite ice cream - and eating it cause it brings you some sort of comfort? But then - even after you realise that you try these things - you are still feeing utterly horrible?

My answer - PRAYER... God is the person you go to when you are feeling down in the dumps. Today - I had a great day. Work was awesome - it really usually is. And then comes band practice...

I was so frustarted tonight. I want nothing but the best to come out of band practice. I want the beats that I play to smell like sweet smelling incents to Gods nose and that they would totally honor him. And that he would bless me greatly for being so obedient in using the gifts that he has given me. I want nothing but the best... I don't want to settle for anything less then that.

Not when it comes to God - relationships - anything!... So, yes - tonight I went to the store on my way home from band practice - picked up my favorite ice cream (its a tie between turtles and rolo) and came home - grabbed my fave blanket wrapped myself in it - sat on the couch, turned the tv on and vegged out with my icecream... it was comforting for a moment. Until I realized how selfish I was being and really need to be in prayer. So I put the bowl of ice cream down, pulled the blanket off of me. and knelt down on the floor and started to pray and pour out my heart to God.

I am so thankful that God speaks to us in such crummy moments in our lives. I haven't felt this way for quite sometime. But Its good cause is teaching me more to be a woman of prayer... its good stuff.

Well its late - I must be off to bed. Morning comes too soon.

Will blog again soon.
Blessings,
Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

My cat misses me!