"Maybe there is a void in your life?..."

I over heard someone talking to day to another person about God - It was a great thing to actually over hear. And I was actually blessed to hear it!

This person was sharing their heart with the other person. They are both happily married (not to eachother) have children and couldn't ask for anything more then that... BUT The one person - a believer, a Christian, Says to the other "maybe there is a void in your life - and you are trying to fill it with all this other stuff, and maybe what you really in your life and heart is Jesus..."

WOW! I mean - right there, I was over hearing someone evangelising to another person... it was inspiring. The thing is - the other person is a friend of mine. we talked afterwords - and as this was shared with me I literally got goose bumps all over me. I couldn't help but to smile. Is this person seeing the truth in other peoples lives and is wanting what they have? God?

I know that before I was a Christian I had this HUGE void in my life... and with that void I subsituted it with alcohol, pot, smokes, friends, boyfriends... I just tried my hardest to fill that void and no matter what I did - it couldn't be filled. However, when I met Jesus and had accepted Him into my life I felt complete. This doesn't mean that I didn't struggle with the things that I had listed - I did... and the thing was - even as I struggled, God had really helped me to over come this so that I wouldn't let this block my relationship with Him.

I pray for my friend - that this person would be able to see Jesus in a real way - and would really accept Him in to their heart. Thats my prayer. Not just for this one individual. BUT for all my unsaved friends...

God - Help me be light in the darkness.

Blessings,
Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Living...

More Passion

Funny...